Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Horizon - 10DoM Distance

The horizon is foggy. The wall needed to be climbed. "Oh, joy, I can see you. It's all I want." If you hadn't been on the other side, I think I would have been too scared to pull myself over. Your breath lullabies me to sleep, through static or air. When you're not here, I dream that you are. I can't stop wanting to touch you, to feel you on my skin, to run my fingertips across yours, to tangle my body in you. I'll rest my hand in yours until the horizon is clear.

The distance isn't far. This is the way I have to go. "I'm moving on. I hope you're coming with me." Let go when you're ready; I wouldn't keep you if I could. Don't let my tears hold you here, but look me in the eye when you leave. It's all I truly ask. Kiss my worries away in the wind, for now. Whisper my insecurities far into the night, for now. Trace your name on my body; claim me for yourself. Hold me a little too tightly tonight. I'm yours, for now.

The path is narrow. I'll have to walk myself alone. "So let me, let me go. Cause you don't, and you'll never know." I promise not to look back to see if you follow on your own. What I want for you is not what I want for me. The line you travel cannot match or parallel my own, for I have to settle my path alone. Step out into the world with no one to push or pull me along. Keep saying all the right words so I can keep going. My bravery belongs to you.

The horizon is foggy. The hard part has just begun. "Knowing what you said to me beneath your breath so blatantly." To be pulled over the wall only to be forced to let go. I've let you crawl through my thoughts, linger here for a while. Weave the stories well; don't leave room for inadequacy. Give me a little push, and I'll be on my way. Sorting out the lovers from the takers is tiring, and I can't figure it out yet. Hold my hand a little longer until I do.

*Lines in quotations are lyrics from Au Revoir Simone's album, "Still Night, Still Light."

9 comments:

  1. Very nice and very creative. I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. written beautifully! What it means? I dunno, it was a long day at work today, my brain couldn't figure out Southpark right now! (Why did they just kill that kenny kid?) LMFAO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clever, the way you worked in the lyrics. 'I let you crawl through my thoughts'- denotes real intimacy. No wonder the letting go is painful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the line "sorting out the lovers from the takers ..."
    Now that should be a song lyric.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a gut feeling that these are so biographical and veiled. It makes me very curious. Very moving actually. Don't wait for the 'push' take it in your stride and bounce!

    ReplyDelete
  6. vivid. you swirled the lyrics with what i will assume is personal experience in a delightful way. great piece.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you find your way up the narrow path...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Word economy has improved greatly. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete